Sunday, July 7, 2013

Trying and Struggling

"Nothing worth it is ever easy and anything easy is not worth it." I keep having to tell myself that as I constantly struggle to be a better writer. Struggling sucks but it's necessary. Without struggle you can't really achieve anything. You never get better.

I want to get better, I just wish that there was a little less struggling. Maybe not struggling but sitting. Waiting. Right now I have to wait to know what to change and what not to change. What sucks and what's awesome. Or if it's just terrible in general...

I'm gonna have some more faith and say that it doesn't completely bite and I'm going to go out into this big world and find me a beta reader. Then I'm going to struggle as I sit and wait and pray that it is awesome and could one day in fact be something bigger and better...a book.

*Choir of Angels*

That's right, I wrote a manuscript in hopes that one day it would come out of it's cocoon and become a beautiful...book. :) It's nerve racking just to say the word book. I am terrified so I try to avoid the word book, or manuscript when possible and call it a story instead. These questions always come to mind when I hear the word book: What if I fail? What if it is awful? What if I suck?

Well I'll never know if I don't try. So I am stepping outside of my box and taking a leap of faith. If it needs fixed then I will fix it. I just have to remember as I'm falling to the unknown that it's worth a shot. If you don't try then you'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment