Friday, July 12, 2013

Beauty

I am afraid of heights but today I rode the Ferris Wheel and yeah I loved it. (Even though it felt like my toes were going to fall off, because they feel like that when I'm nervous or scared...) But as I was sitting at the top looking over pretty much the entire town because it's that small, I couldn't stop smiling. It was breath-takingly beautiful.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I never really thought of that tiny town, or a carnival as beautiful. Now I do. It's beautiful that at the carnival people talk to the person sitting next to them on the ride, if they know them or not. It's beautiful to see so many people smiling in one place. When it's dark and the colorful lights turn on, it's beautiful.

Maybe I'm just easily distracted by things, and everything catches my eye but I think that beauty is really all around us. It's not just in sunsets and beaches and stars it's anywhere we want to see it. Beauty isn't just nature, though that's easier to see, it's also skyscrapers and busy streets.

You may disagree with me, that's fine. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But still try to find something you think is beautiful because it's worth the smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment