Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Connections In a Story

Today was a great day for writing. I sat down and I actually wrote! Can you imagine that? Not only am I writing the next part to this story but I'm still critiquing the first part of the story which is great! I am getting things done. I'm not just sitting around (well I am sitting) and doing nothing (but I'm definitely doing things besides clicking the remote button).

I rediscovered a song (Gone, Gone, Gone by Phillip Phillips) that is really pushing me to get to a certain point in this story, because all I want to do is write it down. I want it to spill onto the page, but I can't let it until I get to that point, and I'm still not there yet. I keep listening to that song and I get more excited each time I hear it.

To the point where I'm like: "Ugh! The suspense is killing me!" Then I have to stop and think about what will happen when I get to that point, and I just let it all replay in my mind. Like a movie. (Honestly the books are better than the movie because you get to picture it how you want it. Seriously, read the books.)

So, anyway, I am at the point where I still see all of these flaws in this story, but now I don't look at it like, wow this totally blows. I see it more as, wow I came this far I can go a little further. The best part about finding the flaws is that if I just drop that section completely it will help the story in a different section. It's all connected.

"That's more connections than the human brain." -Avatar (The blue people one not The Last Air bender.)

However that's an exaggeration because my story doesn't have quite that many connections... Anyways it still works and maybe even better than before. So today was a pretty good day! And with all of these connections, I hope I can pass that good day to you. ;)
-Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment