Sunday, October 20, 2013

Halloween: Day 12


When I first saw this picture it was in the summer when I was ten years old and I was amazed by how it was like two separate pictures in one. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

The school year came and it was a difficult year, not just for me but also for my school because our principal was diagnosed with cancer. Eventually my birthday came up but it didn't start off so great, I woke up at five in the morning with stomach pains, but they soon disappeared. After I got up and got ready for school I opened my presents and this picture was one of them I had completely forgotten about this picture.  I was so excited about it that I brought it to school and on the bus I would show my friends and they thought it was cool too.

However when I walked down the hallway things were different, people weren't walking around like usual. Everyone was lined up and sitting on the floor against the wall, quietly. I kept the picture in my backpack knowing that this wasn't the time to show my birthday present, and I was right it wasn't the time. Our principal died the morning of my birthday.

After that day I hid the picture because it frightened me but if someone happens to find it buried underneath my books, which some people have I tell them the story. A picture's worth a thousand words.

No comments:

Post a Comment