Monday, July 14, 2014

Ready. Set. Write! (Week 5)


1. How I did on last week's goals?

 -I came close. I wrote 4500 words in my WIP and 1000 words in my revising story. Also my reading has improved after I received FOUR by Veronica Roth! So I'm going to say that the week has been pretty successful.

2. My goals for this week.
 -I'm going to keep all the same goals from last week. Pretty boring but eh it works.

3. A favorite line from my story or one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
 -Her mother always said to her, before her departure, that a person can say the right thing but the only thing that matters is not what they say but whether they can prove that they believe it.

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week.
 -Lack of motivation. Ugh. I know what needs to be said but I can't say it. Oh and then there is procrastination...

5. Something I love about my WIP.
 -Even when I'm not writing I can't stop thinking about the story. Who doesn't love daydreaming...

How was your week of writing?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I forgot to mention procrastination in my biggest challenges. Thanks for the reminder ;) Isn't it funny how we can't stop thinking about the story but lack the motivation to work on it. You did a great job on your goals despite challenges. Hope this week is easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawne! I hope that the procrastination doesn't get to us so much this week!

      Delete
  2. This: "Even when I'm not writing I can't stop thinking about the story."

    YES!!! I love that place and I'm right there with you! In the car, at the grocery store, zoning out while "playing" with my kids. LOVE. IT. So glad you're there too!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison! I absolutely love the daydreaming part of writing! Have a great week of writing and daydreaming!

      Delete
  3. Daydreaming rocks! It's what got me through school. ;) Great job on the words last week and good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete