Monday, July 7, 2014

Ready. Set. Write! Week 4


1. How I did on last week's goals?
 -Well not too good. I didn't revise anything really, however I decided that instead of revising it needs some rewriting. Oh well, whatever makes it better. On my actual writing I managed to get to my goal of 4000. However, I didn't read or write everyday like I planned.

2. My goals for this week.
 -I'm bumping up my word count to 5000 again and an extra 1000 words in the "revision" story. I plan to write and read everyday too.

3. A favorite line from my story or one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
 -It's rough but I like how it shows Anna's growth: 
 Now she thought of the beauty in his heartbeats, were they irregular, like hers, or were they normal, perfect for a long lasting life in Brevis.

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week.
 -With the 4th of July I had little time to read and write. My motivation also decreased, and I'm gonna blame that on the 4th of July too. ;)

5. Something I love about my WIP.
 -The characters are growing and that is always something to love.

How did you do on your goals?

15 comments:

  1. My motivation wasn't so hot this week either, so you're not alone. ;-) It sounds like you're doing something similar to what I'm doing--drafting one story and revising another. I kind of ran into the same situation this week with having to rewrite something in the WiP I'm revising. Here's hoping we make some good forward progress this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with rewriting as well. We'll manage to get it done totally motivated or not.

      Delete
  2. It's great that you feel like your characters are really growing. That's one of my favorite parts of the writing process. Good luck with the rewriting! It's tough, but I'm sure your WIP will be better off for it in the end! Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it. :) 5,000 words is ambitious, but it sounds like you can do it--way to go on reaching 4,000 this week!

    I know what you mean about the 4th ... we didn't even go anywhere, really, but it was still more of a social weekend. I only really got writing in during the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you enjoyed your 4th of July.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the rewriting--that's always so hard! You can totally hit 5k (and I blame July 4th for lack of writing too, ha ha. Fireworks and family were definitely more important. :-p) Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm hoping the rewriting won't be too painful. Good luck this week, I hope you had a great 4th.

      Delete
  5. Silly fourth of July. :) I blame it as well for my decreased productivity.

    But it sounds like you made some strides and I love your goal of reading and writing every day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though you didn't meet your exact goal, it sounds like you were pretty productive. When you have to rewrite, you have to rewrite... Good luck this week hitting your word goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just hope rewriting won't be as awful as revisions.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like everyone had the same problems this week, but it sounds like you got a lot done even if it wasn't what you'd planned. Hope you hit your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep the 4th of July was pretty time consuming. Thanks, Dawne. Good luck this week with your goals too!

      Delete
  8. The most important part is you've done some writing. Even if it hasn't been every day, what you've done counts a lot!

    ReplyDelete