Monday, June 30, 2014

Ready. Set. Write! Check in


1. How I did on last week's goals?
 -I accomplished all of my goals. My goal was to write 5000 words and I ended up writing 6000. I was right on point as I revised seven pages, and wrote everyday.

2. My goals for this week.

 -Because it's going to be a very busy weekend with the fourth of July and whatnot I'm going to cut back on my word count and aim for 4000 words. I'll try to revise five pages, at the least, and of course I have to write everyday, it just might not be a 1000 word stretch. However, I'm kind of disappointed in myself when I realize that with all this writing I'm not reading as much, so I'm making the goal to read everyday.

3. A favorite line from my story or one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.

 -It's rough but I like how it shows more about Ezra then even I knew.
 "'I used to think, when I was a child, that children eventually grew up to become adults, but the older I get and the more I look at you, Anna, I realize that just isn't true. We are all children, some of us just lost the compassion because we thought that wasn't needed, others lost the absolution because we try so damn hard to make the right decisions. Me, Anna, I lost the ability to look at this city and think there was something waiting for me here. Hopefulness is what you used to call it before you decided to grow up without me too.'"

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week.

 -Well, I found the time to write, even though it means writing until 1:30 am now I'm just battling sleep deprivation, so it makes my words a little too soppy with emotion. At least I'm writing though.

5. Something I love about my WIP.

 -I like discovering all the stories that live inside of one story, and I'm definitely seeing more with Ezra stepping back into Anna's life.

8 comments:

  1. You did a great job on your goals. Sorry about the sleep deprivation. I think that's a given in a writer's life. I really liked your excerpt. Sounds like you're having fun discovering your characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sleep deprivation is just one of those sacrifices... :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome on all your accomplishments this week! Have a great fourth! And a wonderful writing week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totes awesome job on the goals. And I hope you are able to catch up on the sleep you've missed out on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll catch up on the sleep eventually. Or more realistically, I'll get used to it.

      Delete
  4. Yay for an awesome word count! Phooey on the sleep though. Just imagine what we could get done if bodies only needed like 2-3 hours of sleep a night? But who am I kidding- then our work days would just get longer. =) Also, I like the things this Ezra had to say, whoever he might be! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I could run off such little sleep. I would get so much more done, the stuff I should be doing instead of writing. Oh well, that stuff will just have to wait. :)

      Delete