Tuesday, August 13, 2013

No Pain No Gain

I'm two days in volleyball practice and I'm starting to feel it. Yesterday I didn't feel it as much but today... Oh, do I feel it. That's okay though, sure I'll complain but I'll complain with a smile because it might be odd, but, I like the feeling of being sore. Feeling sore makes me feel accomplished. There is a good reason I'm sore, why my teammates are sore, because we are working hard.

As a senior (the only senior on the team) I want this season to last as long as possible, which means that we have to win games to keep going. I think that with all of this hard work burning in our muscles we will have a good season. That's what I can hope for anyway.

That's what we all hope for. That's the reason the coaches push so hard. There is always room for improvement and they know that. Just because I'm a senior doesn't mean that I know it all, I try to learn something different every time we go into a drill. If I don't bother in trying to learn something different, if none of us bothers, then there is no reason we should be out there. If we aren't learning, we aren't winning. And if we aren't working hard, we aren't winning. This might sound rude but, I want to win. If we lose, then, fine as longs as we did our best.

So, yeah I like the feeling of being sore. It means we are working, and working hard. Feeling sore is just being one step closer to a better game.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one!
    It's on a completely different subject but it has pretty much the same
    page layout and design. Great choice of colors!



    Feel free to surf to my web blog ... Lean Muscle FOrmula

    ReplyDelete