Monday, August 25, 2014

Ready. Set. Write! Recap

So it's coming to an end. :'( Which really sucks because that means summer is too. But I guess because I started my freshmen year in college summer has already ended. I'm sad to say that I am not taking any creative writing classes this semester so writing is going to be all on my own and it won't be as easy as it was with Ready. Set. Write! ending.

Honestly, I'm extremely sad right now. Not only am I sad that summer and Ready. Set. Write! is over but I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted to this summer. After staying away from writing/reading for a week all I did was think about my stories and how much left I have to tell. I also decided to write more (of course!) because the story I am supposed to be editing and going back over and fixing might be told better if it was from a totally different perspective. I might be thinking this just because I want to dive back into writing this story or possibly because I like seeing the dual perspective in the story I'm currently writing maybe the other perspective will be the right perspective, I don't know but I'll find out.

*
In other news, college is interesting and I'm taking four classes in one day which is kind of crazy and tomorrow I have Psychology which I'm super excited about besides the fact that it's in a huge lecture hall. (Maybe not huge, but big enough to fit 130 students at least. So I guess it's pretty big.) It's crazy to think that there is so much free time, it's completely different than high school. I also love being able to walk to the Plaza. And the fact that I have made a friend with another person planning to major in creative writing and that she likes YA is awesome!

I should probably be doing some homework now so I don't get too overwhelmed tomorrow... But I can't get past this sadness. I want to say that I have really enjoyed Ready. Set. Write! and that it was great interacting with the people participating. Thank you so much! I hope you guys had a great summer and rest of the year!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sad it's over too. BUT even if you don't feel like you accomplished everything you wanted to, progress is still progress. And it sounds like you had that! And enjoy that freshman year! SO neat that you've already connected with someone with similar interests (AND a YA lover - bonus!)

    Thanks so much for participating in RSW with us! We plan to do it again next summer. Hopefully we'll "see" you there! Good luck with school and all the things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison! I can't wait until next summer, and that's not just because it's summer. I absolutely adored Ready. Set. Write! Have a great year!

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a great school year, and continue to write. Now get that homework done! ;)

    ReplyDelete